- The NFL’s new CBA (collective bargaining agreement) has changed to include the following
- Drug testing will take place during the first two weeks of training camp instead of the four-month offseason.
- A positive test threshold increased from 35 nanograms of THC per ml. to 150 nanograms.
- If a player tests positive, the test is will be reviewed by a board of medical professionals appointed by the players and league.
- A neutral decision-maker will make decisions on disciplinary cases instead of the commissioner.
- The league will provide help instead of punishment
- Fewer resources wasted on testing during the offseason
- Players can continue to play even if they test positive for cannabis use